Our first baby girl is NINE today.
Nine years? Wow, that happened fast!
Avery is such an incredible kid.
She is smart, hardworking, witty, playful, thoughtful, creative, loving, sassy, musical, beautiful……..
This short list of adjectives hardly does her justice!
We love you so much, Avery.
You are such a blessing to us and everyone who meets you!
(Early morning birthday pic!)
(One month old)
Let’s take a minute to discuss birthday parties, the worst case scenario for any family trying to feed kids real food!
What we do when going to a birthday party:
• Feed our kids a big meal before they go to the party.
Van likes to try and get junk by saying “I’m hungry” so we make sure to feed him well so we don’t fall into that trap!
• In the car, we talk about what food is going to be at the party, why it is not a healthy choice
• Take a small snack/bottle of water to the party
• Promise kids that they can have a “treat” when we get home if they do not ask for any junk at the party.
I always have dark chocolate in the house….don’t you?!
This was not always easy in the beginning, but I assure you they get used to it and it becomes totally normal and no big deal.
When we host a birthday party:
• Serve food we would always serve! Hot dogs, hamburgers, fruit, cheese, sweet potatoes, etc. No one ever misses the bread!
• Paleo brownies, Maple Nut Oaties, Gluten Free chocolate cake with cream cheese icing, etc. Kids will eat it if you make it!